Thx, why care about Fundamentdalists?  It's a personal thing.  I pray for the
welfare of countless groups of people, and knowledge about what they think
facilitates overall "understanding" which segues into wisdom.(imo)
 Think of the situation of a doctor treating a patient, but first finding out
the source of the problem.
 One could extrapolate into....Why care about (name anything, perhaps
aardvarks).  Aardvarks and what they experience are an important part of the
Totality.
 Solely on personal choices but supported by logic (imo), no lines can be drawn
between the so-called material and the Spiritual, but this no means implies
Neo-Advaita (which begins to deny the existence of various categories of
existence leading to a total denial that anything relative exists at all.).
 Thus (just a personal hobby of mine), I like finding out what (especially)
various Gurus believe, and this quest started first with my involvement in the
TM Movement long ago; when I began to discover certain inconsistencies in the
basic message and the behavior I observed.  This led me on an infinite quest to
discover more about "the truth" (relative truth), and which Teacher had the
"real" goods..
 There are benefits to this since one (anybody) can be easily led down a rabbit
hole, and it may take lifetimes getting out.  On occasion, critical
understanding a decisions may hinge on the meaning a single words, like "both",
"and", "but", and "maybe" (which I will get into later.).