Researchers!  There is a forum that has a tremendous wealth of insight in to
meditating Fairfield, Iowa.  The TM community as a spiritual practice group was
operated as a type of theocratic autocracy belief community where transparency
in open two-way dialogue was not often entertained.  In the late 1990’s with
the advent of internet forums open communication began to come in
Fairfield,Iowa.  One site which has played important roles at times for open
communication in the TM meditating community has been Fairfieldlife, a yahoo
group, which was opened in y-2001. It ran for years as a bulletin board for the
larger Transcendental Meditation (TM) community with forum members contributing
from all over the world, often with eye-witness perspective of the history of
TM. For some intervening years FairfieldLife as a forum became overwhelmed by
internet trolls and more recently it has recovered as a place of consideration.

 However throughout the life of FairfieldLife the forum holds a tremendous
archive of firsthand accounts from the Transcendental Meditationist community
during this period of time that includes the passing of its founder, Maharishi
Mahesh Yogi and subsequent transition into a post-founder era for a meditating
community sect.

 January 1st.  For years as a means of access I have kept a larger running
index of posts to FairfieldLife that were, to my eye, particularly substantial
for insight into communal meditating Fairfield. For a number of years I have
been using January 1st on FairfieldLife as a date to post links to the indexing
as well as aggregating what were substantial recent threads then of the
preceding year.  At least for my own use I find this helps to quickly locate
the links.

 This allows one to open the Yahoo-group home page of FairfieldLife, then
scroll down to the ‘message history’ matrix and locate the start of each year
where I have posted the larger index as it has evolved.

 As a tip for something interesting to look at, look at the earliest posts to
FairfieldLife in y-2001.  Within the first hundred posts are themes which frame
and recur even to the present in meditating Fairfield, Iowa.

 Y-2001, Beginning posts to FairfieldLife:

 For as long as Yahoo exists and and Yahoo will maintain this database
FairfieldLife will be a tremendous research source for insight into communal
meditating Fairfield, Iowa.

 FairfieldLife (FFL) is set to be open for viewing by the public. You do not
need to join the group to scroll through the archive.

 I hope this is of helpful interest to scholarship,

 Doug Hamilton

 Fairfield, Iowa

 January 1st 2017 link:

 January 1st 2016 link: