Yep, someone recently was telling me there were about a 100 people who became
TM teachers out of St. Louis, Columbia, Kansas City and the Cape. Carl seems to
have also been of the Missouri TM cohort.

 It seems Carl spent some time growing up near Mexico, Missouri.  I train
riding horses and often ride the streets and allies in Fairfield and as Carl
came to know I am a horseman, that I have gaited horses, he would ask me if I
knew of this famous racking horse from Mexico, Mo. and the breeder there. It
was something like a Narragansett pacer, famous and fast.  That horse was
impressive in its time and its breeder apparently was nearby where Carl grew up
for a time.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <steve.sun...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 Wait.  Karl ( Carl) Wannaman?  I knew him.  He was part of the Cape Giradeau,
Mo. contingent if it is who I am thinking of. Would have been friends with
George Todt and Tim Hildebrandt, (deceased).

 I would not have pegged him as the Navy Seal type, though, or a healer, for
that matter, but he was a nice fellow.

 Karl Wasserman passed away last night. An old devotee of Maharishi, very much
a part of the Fairfield, Iowa Meditating Satsanga. A cultivated spiritual guy,
a healer. He was a Navy Seal before there were Navy Seals, went to Viet Nam. As
a teenager he met Maharishi while surfing and walking on the beach one day in
Malibu. Later he went to TM teacher training. For a while Maharishi made him a
checker of advanced techniques. In his later years he was resident in Fairfield
and very much present in the meditating community. The last couple of years he
was confined in a nursing home in Fairfield. I am grateful to have known him,
he taught me the night technique the way Maharishi taught it to him.  I will
miss him.   “Free at last, he is free, thank god almighty he is free at last”

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <j_alexander_stanley@...> wrote :

 I think his last name was Wannaman or Wanneman... something like that.

 Karl Wasserman passed away last night.