 Ayurveda came from a country in the tropics.  I once asked an Indian vaidya at
a group

 I also have a habit now to drink chai while I'm eating at an Indian
restaurant, which sometimes offer tomatoes, at which time I purposefully avoid
to include in my plate.

 meeting of his clients if he found people in the west like Europe and the US
different to treat.  His eyes lit up as he said "yes" and the next sound was of
jaws dropping from his clients.  Cold drinks are also not recommended but
medical research shows they have no actual effect on digestion.  An Indian
friend once mused that Americans were so pitta that ice water had no effect.  I
also had fun asking for "garma pani" at Indian restaurants. That's Hindi for
"hot water".