-----Original Message-----
From: Don Loos <l.donaldl...@gmail.com>
To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Sent: Sun, May 21, 2017 3:11 pm
Subject: Fwd: Fw: Easy Thefts

Some               good stuff here for all...

NOT                 ALL THIEVES ARE STUPID

1. LONG - TERM                 PARKING

Some                 people left their car in the long-term parking at San Jose
while                 away, and someone broke into the car. Using the
information on                 the car's registration in the glove compartment,
they drove the                 car to the people's home in Pebble Beach and
robbed it. So I                 guess if we are going to leave the car in
long-term parking, we                 should NOT leave the
registration/insurance cards in it, nor                 your remote garage door
opener. This gives us something to think                 about with all our new
electronic                 technology.

2. GPS:

Someone                 had their car broken into while they were at a football
game.                 Their car was parked on the green which was adjacent to
the                 football stadium and specially allotted to football fans.
Things                 stolen from the car included a garage door remote
control, some                 money and a GPS which had been prominently
mounted on the                 dashboard. When the victims got home, they found
that their                 house had been ransacked and just about everything
worth                 anything had been stolen. The thieves had used the GPS to
guide                 them to the house. They then used the garage remote
control to                 open the garage door and gain entry to the house.
The thieves                 knew the owners were at the football game, they
knew what time                 the game was scheduled to finish and so they
knew how much time                 they had to clean out the house. It would
appear that they had                 brought a truck to empty the house of its
contents. Something to                 consider if you have a GPS - don't put
your home address in it.                 Put a nearby address (like a store or
gas station) so you can                 still find your way home if you need
to, but no one else would                 know where you live if your GPS were
               stolen.

3. CELL                 PHONES:

I                 never thought of this! This lady has now changed her habit of
                how she lists her names on her cell phone after her handbag was
                stolen. Her handbag, which contained her cell phone, credit
            card, wallet, etc., was stolen. Twenty minutes later when she
          called her hubby, from a pay phone telling him what had
  happened, hubby says, "I received your text asking about our Pin
   number and I've replied a little while ago." When they rushed
 down to the bank, the bank staff told them all the money was
already withdrawn. The thief had actually used the stolen cell
phone to text "hubby" in the contact list and got hold of the
pin number. Within 20 minutes he had withdrawn all the money
from their bank account.

Moral                 lesson:
a.                 Do not disclose the relationship between you and the people
in                 your contact list. Avoid using names like Home, Honey,
Hubby,                 Sweetheart, Dad, Mom, etc.
b. And very importantly, when                 sensitive info is being asked
through texts, CONFIRM by calling                 back.
c. Also, when you're being texted by friends or family                 to meet
them somewhere, be sure to call back to confirm that the
message came from them. If you don't reach them, be very careful
 about going places to meet "family and friends" who text                 you.

4. PURSE                 IN THE GROCERY CART SCAM:
A lady went grocery-shopping at                 a local mall and left her purse
sitting in the children's seat                 of the cart while she reached
something off a shelf/ Wait till                 you read the WHOLE story! Her
wallet was stolen, and she                 reported it to the store personnel.
After returning home, she                 received a phone call from the Mall
Security to say that they                 had her wallet and that although
there was no money in it, it                 did still hold her personal
papers. She immediately went to pick                 up her wallet, only to be
told by Mall Security that they had                 not called her. By the time
she returned home again, her house                 had been broken into and
burglarized. The thieves knew that by                 calling and saying they
were Mall Security, they could lure her                 out of her house long
enough for them to burglarize                 it.

*PLEASE                 PASS THIS ON
Even if this does not pertain to you, please                 let your family
and friends know so they don't get caught in a                 scam.