As the following letter suggests, I’ve just watched Robert Palma and Kathy
Matara's well documented, 21-minute presentation to Monday night's City Council
about dangers from smart meters. Robert is an award-winning electrical engineer
who has specialized for decades in electro-magnetic (including radio-frequency)
radiation.

Kathy shares her personal experience with smart meters on Kaui and her recent
measurements of Alliant’s installed Sensor smart meters in Wisconsin. Their
report begins at 2:35 in the following link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQJO7cCSQL0
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQJO7cCSQL0>

The following letter also presents cogent, helpful advice on why and how to
properly opt out:

… Therefore, if you choose to go to this meeting, we respectfully suggest
picking up but not yet signing the Alliant “opt out” forms and contracts until
after our attorneys review them.

Forwarded from: "Jonathan Schwamm" <v...@lisco.com <mailto:v...@lisco.com>>
Subject: This may be helpful, Dick-easier to read

Dear Friends,

I think this is a well-constructed conglomeration of points that are essential
for our community to know about, before engaging with Alliant.

I suggest we send it out far and wide so all can be alerted. As we know, there
are still a lot of people in town who are fairly clueless or confused about
what is going on around them.

We all have a continuity of understanding, having been involved for months now.

So for the protection of EVERYONE, I feel it is ESSENTIAL to be informed of the
practical points below.

The below was written by Kathy Matara, and we thank her immensely for all her
efforts.  If you have not watched the presentation made by Kathy and Robert
Palmer Monday night at the City Council, I suggest you watch it.  I thought
they did a spectacular job—very balanced and a lot of ground covered with very
little time allotted.

Here is the link.  Also I suggest sending this to everyone.....

For the latest Fairfield presentation on Smart Meters,
accesshttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQJO7cCSQL0
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQJO7cCSQL0> to see Kathy Matara and Robert
Palma make their outstanding presentation to the Fairfield City Council on
11.13.2017.

PLEASE READ THIS:
The Nov 16 Open House with Alliant:

Regarding the Alliant open house this Thursday November 16th, nobody has seen
the Alliant opt out form and contract that they will bring to this meeting.

The precedent in other areas of the world with these “opt out” forms and
contracts (and the forms may be boiler plate as opposed to designed by our own
Utility Company), has been for them to include hidden language and phrases that
give the Utility Companies the option to upgrade the “opt out” customer to
digital meters, and later to the Smart Meter grid. They also have not included
an option to keep your Analog.

Therefore, if you choose to go to this meeting, we respectfully suggest picking
up but not yet signing the Alliant “opt out” forms and contracts until after
our attorneys review them.

We will let you know the results of that review. Proper paperwork needs to be
filled out in order to keep your Analog meter, even when the option to keep it
has been promised by the Utility Company.
<https://www.eetimes.com/document.asp?doc_id=1332547>

Many on Kauai who didn't complete their paperwork properly, ended up with Smart
Meters. <https://www.eetimes.com/document.asp?doc_id=1332547>

We also recommend that you avoid using the words ”opt out” if/when you talk to
Alliant, because Alliant’s definition may be different than ours. Giving your
name to “opting out” may obligate you to an agreement that has not yet been
edited by our attorneys. The language that is most accurate is to say you want
to keep your Analog meter permanently.

If you have a digital meter already, then it is most accurate to say you want
your analogue back and keep it permanently.

If they say that isn’t possible, then say you will be happy to purchase one
online and pay for it to be re-installed.

Please note also that if you signed a Certified Refusal Letter, you will still
need to go through the process of signing an attorney-edited agreement with
Alliant to keep your analogue or have your current digital meter replaced.
Because as far as we know, Alliant has not responded to the Certified Refusal
Letters.

In any case, please don’t feel you must go to this “Open House” to get the “opt
out” agreement form or contract. It will have to be made available by Alliant
on request.

In addition, please don’t believe the demonstrations if they purport to show
you how much radiation comes from a Smart Meter. Unless the AMI “mesh network”
is set up and fully functional in a neighborhood on the mesh network grid, you
will not get reliable readings.

Smart meters don’t function or radiate independently. They have to be connected
to a network via the home office, in order to be in a reliably measurable
state. <mailto:christopher.r.r...@gmail.com>

They talk to each other, also to a junction box (a repeater) and also to the
home office. Therefore the only way to get accurate indications of frequency
and strength of radiation is to go the neighborhoods of a city where the Smart
Meter network (that we will have in Fairfield), is fully functioning. On Nov
16th, meters can’t be measured as they will not be transmitting data, so
viewing any measurements at that “Open House”, people will mistakenly think the
radiation is completely harmless.

If you hold firm and maintain your “opt out” desire, Alliant will probably try
to get you to “opt out” to their digital meter without radiation.

We strongly recommend not doing that, because the long term plan (1-2 years)
with most utilities companies so far is to “upgrade” all digital meter to RF
(Smart Meters). That is why the digital meters are being put in. Some of the
negative effects of Smart Meters also apply to the non-RF Digital Meters.

The only safe option is to KEEP YOUR ANALOG METER and be ready to self-report
every month if need be online or by post card, even if there is a fee to do so.
You’ll save money and your health that way.

Another alternative that may be offered is to move your meter at the expense of
Alliant.  Please understand that will likely involve receiving a Smart meter,
which even at 50 to 100 feet away has the intense RF as if it were 3 feet away.