> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "shempmcgurk"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> <snip>
> > Another person who is trapped by his good looks from being
> > appreciated is Brad Pitt.  I think he should have gotten the Oscar
> > for his physical acting in "Troy" which I thought was brilliant.
>
> Agree, he's way underrated.  One of his best roles so far, IMHO, was
> in "Meet Joe Black."  It's an excruciatingly long, slow, talky film,
so
> don't watch it unless you're *very* relaxed.  But Pitt plays against
> type and has some absolutely brilliant, subtle scenes.

Several of the best actors and actresses (yes I know this term is no
longer in vogue...) I can think of are:

Alan Rickman- unbelieveable range and diversity; terrorist leader in
Die Hard, has-been actor in Galaxy Quest, menacing professor in the
Harry Potter series...

Meryl Streep- again, what range and ability. Great attention to detail

Gwynneth Paltrow- Also great attention to detail

John Travolta- AND flies a Boeing 747 (!)

Kevin Spacey- always the weird roles for Kevin

Johnny Depp- gotta love Johnny

Bill Pullman- plays quietly, but really well; the prez in Independence
Day, Daryl Zero in Zero Effect, and many other roles

Ashley Judd- pure intensity

Tim Allen- flawless timing; really enjoyed him in Big Trouble

Steve Martin- a wild and crazy (like a fox) guy, loved My Blue Heaven

...and thousands more I'm sure...

Drugs Don't Discriminate. Get help for yourself or someone you know.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/0I.OUB/ZbOLAA/d1hLAA/0NYolB/TM