A single person explaining something does not mean it is correct. Information
is a pattern in matter and as matter is equivalent to energy (Einstein), it is
also a pattern in energy. On a printed page, or as electrons in a computer,
information exists in the form of matter.
There is the reality of the senses, and there is the reality fashioned by the
mind, which is a virtual reality in the form of thoughts.
If the reality of the universe is it is based on information, then this
contradicts the Vedic view (and other spiritual system views) that the universe
is based on consciousness. Pure consciousness has no qualities, it is
completely simple and so contains no information. Perhaps it is there as
potential.
Information occurs when complete simplicity is subdivided. How this happens is
unknown. Vedic sources call it Maya. The idea here is if Maya can be lifted,
the actual reality can be experienced and the virtual reality in the mind is
canceled. The mistake of the intellect is removed.
There is always a paradox when everything is brought together because the mind
cannot think except in terms of differences. But it is possible to experience
beyond this aspect of mind.
    On Monday, May 28, 2018, 2:51:20 AM GMT, jr_...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]