From email:
 Yes, we know first hand what happens when speaking one's mind comes into
conflict with staunchly held beliefs. Experience develops somewhat differently
for different bodies and minds and the mind's ability to understand those
changes also undergoes variable development. No two people rarely are exactly
on the same wavelength when it comes to comprehension. Beliefs tend to be
unexamined opinions and information one accepts at face value without inquiry
into their veracity. Such thoughts are rife in spiritual movements and politics.

 The TM movement is now in the hands of Maharishi's successors, and we do not
know how much it has gone off base. Maharishi said that whatever flaw was in
the movement, it was already there when he was head. There is always the
assumption that spiritual teachers do not have flaws like ordinary people, but
I think this is a mistake to assume that. A spiritual system is allegedly
supposed to free one, liberate one, but just what does that really mean?

 ..

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <dhamiltony...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 What do you believe? In an asserting of the ‘sinner and redemption’
evangelical creed as certainty to a membership then most any group could morph
easily in to abuse by disordered narcissism.
 ..
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/conditions/narcissistic-personality-disorder
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/conditions/narcissistic-personality-disorder

 Different than, what do you know?

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <dhamiltony...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 It seems evident that as spiritual movements may begin and become more
administrative and institutional then a religious bigotry by tru-believer
personality can administratively come in where in effect what may have begun as
spiritually experienced perspective on life can find itself persecuted and
labelled as non-conformist by opposed religious creed once administrating
religionists get people down to contrasting terms of doctrine by asking, “What
do you believe? The situation can become rife for religious abuse.

 ..

 a local fundamentalist christian man dates spiritually activated meditator
girl wit pillow talk, “you are a sinner” and reads the New Testament. “We can
learn from each other”.  Gaslighting is a manipulation tactic used to gain
power. And it works too well.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/here-there-and-everywhere/201701/11-warning-signs-gaslighting

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/here-there-and-everywhere/201701/11-warning-signs-gaslighting