I recall most of those big bands as they were current events for me.
  I would expect they were all connected to their own history better than most
and,
 able to make use of old learning.
  I saw the movie about Mozarts life and wondered how many details there were to
 coordinate where you have a large number of instruments playing how many
different
 notes at what intervals--the number of combinations is hard to imagine but he
was
 able to write it all down and have it come out right without editing which
would seem

 impossible.
  I tend to favor the idea that there are no prodigies --they worked on these
talents long
 before current times.
   While not many are in such a class as Mozart,  they are to some degree
similar.