In the late 1970's during Swami Muktananda's visit to Australia, a group of
Governors and Sidhas in Melbourne were requested by Maharishi to go and pay
their respect to Muktananda and give him Maharishi's regards. Muktananda showed
them great respect as a group and received the delegation at a private meeting.

 During this private meeting, Muktananda told Maharishi's group: "Maharishi is
here for the world. You may never see Maharishi yourself, but what Maharishi
has given you is a technique to clean your own self. My disciples have to be
physically with me (in my presence). Maharishi has given you a technique to
cleanse and purify yourselves and it is not just for yourselves, it is a
technique to cleanse the whole world.

 I am full of admiration for anyone on your path. It is a path of great
responsibility. I have full admiration for Maharishi and for each of you.
"Maharishi's path is unique. You only need to do what he has asked you to
practice. It is glorious but it is not easy to be self sufficient. Devotion
must be in the heart rather than physically sitting at the foot of the Master.
Devotion must be in your heart. This is because Maharishi is here for the whole
world."