The spiritual moral bypass..

"By negating and downplaying actual social and political contexts and focusing
on the individual, or more so, the individual’s brain, McMindfulness
interventions ignore seeing our inseparability from all others. They ignore
seeing our inseparability from inequitable cultural patterns and social
structures that affect and constitute our relations, and thereby ourselves.
McMindfulness thus forfeits the moral demand that follows this insight: to
challenge social inequities and enact universal compassion, service and social
justice in all forms of human endeavor."

 How capitalism captured the mindfulness industry

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2019/apr/16/how-capitalism-captured-the-mindfulness-industry

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2019/apr/16/how-capitalism-captured-the-mindfulness-industry