> on 12/24/05 10:06 PM, jyouells2000 at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >>
> >> An investment is an investment! You are supposed to make as  much
> > money as
> >> you can from an investment. I can't see anybody objecting to that
> > unless they
> >> are just jealous of somebody creating wealth. My only objection to
> > the TMO
> >> creating wealth schemes has been many are at the expense of the
> > purpose  of the
> >> organization in the first place. To get people practicing  TM.
> >>

> > Bingo - It's not the profit that's unethical, it's how the money is
> > raised to make the original purchase.
>
> I also think there's an ethical issue with what's done with the profit.
> There have been instances in which local donors' have bought a
property, but
> all the funds have left the country when it was sold, and local
donors have
> been told to buy another one.

Yup, that's the real estate scam - Get the devoted locals to buy the
property to support the next big plan. Promise financial support, but
never give it. The locals hang on, devotedly, starve and eventually
leave. TMO gets control or keeps control. Wait, sell, profit!

It's happened over and over again.

JohnY