Vaj wrote:

> On Dec 28, 2005, at 10:23 AM, Alex Stanley wrote:
>
>> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> [snip]
>>
>>> If anything, the TMO does have legal savvy.
>>

>> The other day I clicked on an ad for meditation instruction that came
>> up with a Google search, and the site is being harassed by the TMO's
>> lawyer. Is it legal savvy to claim trademark infringement where there
>> is none?
>

> Well that depends on whether or not they can get away with it. IMO
> they should NOT get away with this rather ubiquitous method which
> they slapped a trademark on.
>
> I posted here a while back the video of a famous hatha-yoga teacher,
> Bikram, who successfully defended his particular sequence of yoga-
> asanas in the US courts and then went after teachers who broke off
> and were attempting to set up on their own. As I pointed out at that
> time, shortly after that case was settled, the TMO came up with the
> recertification scheme.

There was also a posting here about the organization in India that
fought and overturned the neem patent that a company had received  and
that the organization has been building a database of ancient herbal
remedies to help fight these sleazy patents by drug.  Also they have
been doing the same with yoga postures to prevent what Bikram did.
What next, will they need to do the same with the mantras, yantras, and
tantras?