Message: 3
   Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 14:28:22 -0000
   From: off_world_beings
Subject: Re: TM costs $3.30 a day for 2 years.

As far as I know, Guru Dev lived in a mansion in his
retirement
called the Jyotir Math, with servants and massive
donors from the
Hindu community, as well as many volunteers (which
included
Maharishi fro a decade or so).

You are way off, Off World. Stop trying to make your
ideal fit the facts. Jyotir Math is in the little
podunk town of Jyoshi math. Guru devs cave is not
exactly a mansion. its a cave, painted blue with a
murti of Shankara in the center.its tall enough to
stand up in and about 20 feet across with a metal gate
on the front. The shankaracharyas ashram is a two
story wooden building. Hardly a mansion. Money did you
no good there, as Ramananda saraswati told a few of
Shree Maa's devotees there just after 9/11. Charging
for spiritual techniques was not done there. It was
not run as a business.
These days TM is not done there, as far as i know. i
questioned ramananda and he told me his main sadhana
was japa. he showed me guru devs altar. he worshipped
Shiva andDurga as the divine mother.
wake up and smell the roses. Please stop embarrassing
yourself with your proclamations of what a good
spiritual person you are  by elaborating on your kind
donations. They must be done anonomously. Tooting your
own horn only makes you a  tooter, not a spiritual
luminary.
TM was a great starter  technique, good for blood
pressure, stress, etc. It starter millions on the path
of spirituality. MMY did a great job. He said in 1974
when asked  if he was the Maitreya that he was the
predecessor to the Maitreya. If it takes 30 years to
figure out that TM does not get you enlightened then
you know it is not increasing your IQ!!!!!!!!!
steve

http://mail.yahoo.com