> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, off_world_beings
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > > No I am stating rationality. I don't care about your
subjective
> [...]
> > opinion contrary to yours IS trying to sell you
> > something. :-)
>
> This may be the "conditioning" of the culture in
> general; it is not, as noted, conditioning that is
> unique to the TMO.
>
> > > It is the same bullshit that most of the the
> > > baby-boomer TM teachers have spouted both inside and
> > > outside the movement. I am using rationality....not
> > > religion....as you are.
> >
> > Please point out for us where in any of these
> > posts I have used "religion" to make any point.
> > I'll wait.  :-)  :-)  :-)
>
> As you are, I suspect, well aware, off_world was using
> "religion" in the sense of "unexamined belief," not
> sectarianism.
>
> > > For the world as a whole - in the most dangerous time in
> > > history - it is of negligible importance to teach small
> > > time...
> >
> > Do you really NOT know that you just repeated the TM
> > party line, almost verbatim?  :-)  THEY were the ones
> > who told you that it's "the most dangerous time in
> > history."
>
> Actually that's a very widespread belief, not at
> all unique to the TMO.
>
>   THEY were the ones who told you that it's
> > not important to teach "small time."  YOU just chose
> > to believe them
>
> Or thought about it and decided it was correct on
> the basis of personal observation, experience, and
> reflection.
>
> <snip>
> > > ...in which no-one is taught for free in India and elsewhere,
> > > as a result of your teaching, and that borders on selfish....
> > > flirts with the devil (ie.I, me, mine).
> >
> > I'm sure that on your home planet that made some kind
> > of sense, but since it doesn't on mine, I shall allow
> > it to pass without comment.  :-)
>
> Translation: It would take some thinking to address,
> so I'll pretend it makes no sense and dismiss it
> without consideration.
>
> <snip>
> > > You may actually
> > > be stealing from these poor people in 3rd world countries that
> > > cannot afford Western prices. So please get off your high
horse
> > > about being a 'real' teacher, and deal with rationality. I
have
> > > no interest in joining your religion.
> >
> > 1) I have never made any suggestion that I am a 'real'
> > teacher; you hallucinated that.
>
> No, you tried to dismiss what off_world was saying on
> the basis that you and others here had been teachers of
> meditation, whereas he had not.
>
> <snip>
> > I'm trying to get something across to you
>
> Translation: I'm trying to sell my belief.
>
>  -- this idea
> > that people are trying to *sell* you things has been
> > *taught* to you by the organization that *has* tried to
> > sell you things since you got involved with it. And the
> > idea that *other* people are trying to sell you things
> > is an outgrowth of the sense of self-importance that

I saw the neatest nature show on HD TV the other
day. It was all about skunks. It turns out that
the long-held myth that they spray their stinky-
smelling scent as an agressive thing to ward off
attackers is just that, a myth. It turns out, when
they wire the skunks up and study what is going on
physiologically, that the spraying of the stinky
stuff has to do with FEAR. When skunks are fright-
ened or feel threatened the muscles around their
glands contract and the stinky stuff just squirts
out automatically, in the process stinking up
anyone or anything that happens to be around.

I've noticed the same thing in some humans. When
someone presents an opinion that is contrary to
one that they hold, the rigid, attached folks get
afraid, and their sphincters automatically contract
and they stink up the place.

The things you can learn on TV...  :-)