--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick Gillam"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- authfriend wrote:
> >
> > ---  Gillam wrote:
> > >
> > > Notice the CC tenet in that phrase -- the enlightened
> > > person does everything in a life-supporting way.
> >
> > Does Nature ever want someone to make a mistake (in the
> > relative sense) because the mistake will actually turn
> > out to have life-supporting effects?
>
> This whole area is a huge bog, if you ask me.

You can say that again...

 I don't know
> and cannot venture any suppositions. My TM understandings
> support the notion of Nature with a capital N having a desire,
> an intention. More recently acquired positivist thinking
> refuses to even entertain the premise.

Say more...

(My guess is that "desire" and "intention" are human
terms that don't apply in this case, but that there
is some aspect to Nature's activity that sorta
somehow corresponds in Naturely terms.)

> Yet the question remains. Perhaps succor lies in art. Isaac
> Bashevis Singer had a story, "Errors," in the New Yorker
> magazine some 30 years ago. In it, three wise men sat on
> a porch and told stories of ostensible mistakes that had
> good consequences. (I've posted this before, in case you're
> thinking, "He's repeating himself.") I can still remember
> the story's closing lines:
>
> "How can there be errors when all things spring from
> divine sources? There are no such things as errors. There
> are spheres where errors are transformed into truth."

It goes back to the old saw about everything being
perfect just as it is.  "Then why are we working so
hard to change things?" MMY was once asked.

"That too is perfect just as it is," he responded.

It's another manifestation of reality being
different in different states of consciousness, I
suspect.

In any case, what I take from this is that it makes
no sense to assume that everything an enlightened
person does and says is "right" in relative terms.
It may be "dictated" by Nature, but for Nature, the
shortest way home may be around Robin Hood's barn.