on 1/16/06 7:26 PM, Nelson at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>>> "I hate you meeses to pieces!"
>>>
>>> Citation, please.
>>>
>>> Anyone?
>>>
>> +++ Sylvester maybe?
>>
> +++ This goes back a few years- must be a lot of old timers on the site.
>     Remember when they stole the upsidasyum on another show?   N.

 Even then, Hanna and Barbera were showing their penchant for "borrowing"
concepts and situations from other series, including their own. The Pixie &
Dixie series was a close copy of Tom & Jerry, which had been a big success
for them back when they were directors at MGM. It differed from the earlier
one mainly in featuring two mice of equal stature (whereas Jerry Mouse's
partner, called Tuffy in comic books and Little Nibbles in some cartoons,
was a late addition and appeared only sporadically). The cat, whose
catch-phrase ("I hate those meeses to pieces") was heard in practically
every episode, was named Mr. Jinks.