> on 1/17/06 4:44 PM, TurquoiseB at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >
> > Absolutely. If it weren't true, the "Left Behind"
> > series of books would not be the huge sellers they
> > are.  Modern-day (that is to say, so perverted as to
> > no longer resemble the teachings of the founder of
> > the religion) Christianity is almost as elitist and
> > bloodthirsty as modern-day (that is, again, perverted
> > to no longer resemble the teachings of the founder
> > of the religion) Islam.  The two extremes deserve
> > each other.
>
> It's interesting and ironic that both Bush and the president of Iran believe
> that their religion's saviour will come to smite the unbelievers when things
> get bad enough, and believing this, they have no qualms about making things
> worse.

Lately, I have felt very drawn to the Buddhist concept of compassion.  Just
reading the
Dalai Lama's simple words whenever he speaks or gives interviews is such a
comfort, a
relief, and just pulls me toward a compassionate approach to life.  It is not
all boggled up
with GlobalCountry talk, or hell or judgment days - just simple and kind and
obvious.
There is a need for Buddhism now.