> In a message dated 1/22/06 1:00:39 P.M. Central Standard Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> That --  combined with the stuff about still paying
> off his student loans and  writing this whole letter
> in the hopes that someone will pay so that he  can go
> to Holland and "be close to Maharishi-ji" -- just
> creeped me  right out. The image I'm getting is of
> somebody whose parents sent him to  MIU to get an
> education and be able to support himself, and instead
> he  wound up depending on others to pay for everything
> and do everything for  him ever since.  The overall
> feeling I got was a sense of panic that  it will all
> end and he'll have to live in the real world and
> will be  completely incapable of doing so.
>

> Very Very Sad. Never contributed anything to S.S. and will  never
receive any
> either. Hope he/they will have some kind of inheritance. What  are
they going
> to do when they are too old to do anything including support
themsleves and
> the TMO has collapsed or can't take care of  them?

Any U.S. citizen who is low/no income qualifies for SSI at age 65,
regardless of work history/pay-ins to Social Security. Anybody who
is a permanent legal resident (not a U.S. citizen) qualifies for SSI
with only 40 quarters of Social Security pay-in work history:

http://permanent.access.gpo.gov/lps4345/11001.html