In a message dated 1/22/06 6:08:22 P.M. Central Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
did you see that special by Barbara Walters on heaven? She interviewed
people from the Muslim faith and evangelical christians and they both
thought that only their group would go to heaven. What is with this
idea? It sounds like Hitler's white supremacy all over again. It is
really scary to think that people with decent intellects could believe
that they are a select supreme group. On top of that idea, they seem
to beleive that it is their duty to "spread the word". Can anyone
really psychoanalyze what goes on in the mind with this?
Maybe we are a bit like this too!!
IMHO I think just about all groups are like that to some degree or another. Even people that grew up believing in reincarnation or rebirth think their religion is superior and when you are evolved enough you can become one of them and that's when you really start to evolve. Nothing more "holier than thou" than a Brahmin. Seems I know of a group close to us all that thinks that spreading the word is their duty also. Only difference between them and the others  is you don't have to pay 2,500.00 to get saved by Christ or Allah.