> On Jan 23, 2006, at 1:17 PM, jim_flanegin wrote:
>
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >

> > <snip> Sad really--such incredible
> >
> >> potential Hagelin had. No guru should be allowed to destroy
> >>
> > someone's
> >
> >> career. <snip>
> >>

> > And let's please remember that John Hagelin is an adult, and as such,
> > responsible for his choices. It reminds me of people who get scammed
> > due to their greed. The question I'd ask myself is, what did Hagelin
> > think he was getting out of this, and why?
>
> It would seem he sold his soul for proximity and access.
>
> It certainly wasn't a career move :-).

Maybe his reputation within the theoretical physicists community has
been damaged, but is that such a big deal.  Hagelin gets paid well,
gets lots of attention, esp female, within the movt and now new age
circles, gets into flaky films, had TBs thinking he could be
president.  For an academic he's had a colorful career.

The lost potential that pisses me off is Doug Henning, a genuinely
gifted creative genius who was a bona fide celebrity influencing
millions of people with his wonderful shows on stage and TV.  He
wasted all those years in the prime of his career on a typical
unachievable mov't project and then dies almost in obscurity.