> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick Gillam" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> > --- sparaig wrote:
> > >
> > > Someone died because they didn't have policies
> > > in place to handle that kind of person
> >
> > I understood the policies were indeed in place.
> > The people implementing the policies didn't see
> > the danger. They thought their actions in accord
> > with the policy were adequate.
> >

> Either way, they'd never had experience with a violent nutcase on the
> MUM student body, or at least not THAT violent.

MUM has had to regularly deal with "nutcases" on campus since the
sidhis came out - sidhis plus rounding has been bad news for lots of
psychologically marginal people on campus.  Lots of paranoid fantasies
in particular, including threatening letters, lots of CIA conspiracies
keeping soul mates apart, attacks by subtle bodies, you'd be amazed at
the stories over the yrs.  Lots of violent fantasies but not actually
acted out until Sem.