--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> --- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>

> > In a message dated 1/27/06 2:32:36 A.M. Central
> > Standard Time,
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> >
> > >  Either way, they'd never had experience with a
> > violent
> > > nutcase on the  MUM student body, or at least not
> > THAT violent.
> >
> > You're being  intentionally obtuse. The *reason*
> > there was a problem is that their world  view
> > didn't allow them to conceive that there might
> > someday be a  problem. "Things like this" just
> > aren't supposed to happen with TMers. So  they
> > didn't prepare for them. Their beliefs (as it
> > turned out, unfounded  beliefs) blinded them to
> > what they should -- as people who run a college  --
> > have been doing to protect the students.
> >

> > "Nature would take care"   Hmmmmm
>
> When I was going through my master's progam in
> counseling and human development at the University of
> Iowa and living in Fairfield, I would frequently eat
> at Anapurna. It always cracked me up when someone
> would tell me that my future counseling/psychotherapy
> work would be very simple because I would just have to
> tell them to start TM...problem solved! the spooky
> part was that many of these TB's actually believed it.

These are the same people who were told when they started TM that
all they had to do was do TM for 20 minutes twice a day and then go
out into activity and act according to the dictates of common sense
and their own traditions.

Now, there's a dictate from the TMO for every aspect of the relative
field of activity: what direction to face; what foods to eat (and
where, of course, to buy them!); what type of building to live,
sleep, meditate and work in; be guided by astrology and certain
vedic rituals to ward off negativity (and pay through the nose for
it); and have your health treated by Ayur-Veda and Vedic Vibration.

Is there an aspect of the relative which is NOT covered by some TM
program?

Is this not the OPPOSITE of the TM Program as taught back in
the '70s?  I mean the total and complete opposite?

These suckers will believe anything.