> In a message dated 2/10/06 10:45:49 A.M. Central Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> com writes:
>
> > The  booing of Trent Lott was  far from
> > exaggerated, I saw it and  heard it and it wasn't just a few. It
> > was  loud and  rude.
>
> The sound was turned up on the clips to exaggerate it.
> Those  who were actually *there* at the rally are very
> clear that it was just a  few people.
>

> Nice try again Judy. I saw it live and it was shown on  different
stations
> and they were all equally loud. If one turned up and  distorted
the volume to
> sound like more, then they all did it, which is a little  too much
for me to
> believe. I guess all the sound techs for all the major  stations
could have been
> republicans, part of the right wing conspiracy, who all  conspired
to turn up
> and distort the booing to make it sound really  bad.

Probably due to the acoustics of the Church/Temple/meeting hall
where the funeral was taking place.

Reminds me of the State of the Union Address by Clinton during the
Monica scandal.  That was the one where there was serious discussion
about not having Clinton appear (which would have been hard to do
seeing that the State of the Union is a constitutional requirement)
due to the scandal.  But he did speak...and because of the acoustics
of the House or Senate (not sure which is the one in which the
president gives the address), even just one person cheering or
clapping sounds like 20 people...

And this went a long way towards Clinton saving his presidency
because the impression it gave was that many, many people were
cheering him regardless of the actual number who were because of the
acoustics.