In a message dated 2/11/06 5:09:30 A.M. Central Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
asked what exactly he meant, and he said, "You know
how it is...Maharishi announces some special moonlight
boatride, and you're really looking forward to it.
But then you actually get onto the boat and it's cold
and damp and uncomfortable and absolutely nothing is
happening, and after about half an hour all you want
to do is go home."  :-)
One real subtle one that I still catch myself using to this day is to "take lunch". Nobody "takes lunch" in the real world! They go to lunch, or have lunch! I got the weirdest looks from people when I would say "let's take lunch". I guess  you could also include "make a paper".