on 2/17/06 4:39 AM, TurquoiseB at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> So I don't really understand the *vehemence* above. I mean,
> you've got people saying that they hope that he'll go to
> hell for essentially deciding to be his own man and put his
> energy into his own projects instead of continuing to shill
> for Maharishi. What gives?

That's the gist of it. I even heard of an incident in which a TB spat upon
him in an airport. I knew Deepak quite well, as I taught his intro TM
course, along with Ted Weisman, who initiated him. We visited him at his
house in Lincoln, Mass, a few times. He drove us to the airport when we went
to India for the Vedic Science conference. I stayed in his parents' house in
New Delhi for two months, and he was there part of that time. He was always
a sweet guy. A brilliant mind, as is obvious, but also a very good heart. He
was in the core of the Movement for a while, but the weirdness got to be too
much for him, so he bailed. I'd say he's made a very positive contribution
since then. He's turned a lot of people onto healthy stuff, probably far
more effectively than he would have had he stayed in the TMO.