> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, a_non_moose_ff <no_reply@>
> wrote:
> >
> > And whose radar were you trying to fly under?
> >

> The radar that would have activated if we bought them all from the
> same bookstore because this would have been counted as
> an "institutional sale."
>
> > Denial is a wonderful thing.
>
> Buying books for people who had said they were already going to buy a
> book is NOT instutitional selling, but it would have triggered the
> flag had we done it the way the Scientologists did. Of course, the
> OTHER difference between what we did and what the Scientologists did
> is that we didn't keep the books in a warehouse someplace. No-one
> made a profit or had a loss by doing what we did, unlike the
> Scientology strategy, where they ate the cost of thousands or even
> hundreds of thousands of books in order to make L Ron Hubbarda best
> seller for every publication.

Sorry, because you were less deceptive than Scientologists -- faint
praise -- doesn't make you non-deceptive.

> We concentrated the buying TIME of people who were already going to
> make a purchase by going to the store for them.

Yup, just like accelerating earnings contrary to Generally Accepted
Accounting Practices (GAAP). Enron just "bought time" to fool
investors. You bought time to fool buyers and bestseller list compilers.

>Scientology bought
> the books and then resold them to the bookstores.
>
> BIG difference. Sorry that you're so paranoid that you can't see it.

Paranoid? Of what prey tell?