> (FWIW, I've *never* heard anybody say "Maharishi said it
> so it must be true.")

Have you really not heard that? Perhaps it's a typically English way of losing an argument.

> The interesting thing about this discussion is that
> according to MMY, he took this same path with Guru
> Dev of "attuning one's thinking to that of the teacher."

Isn't this mood making? I can see how constant exposure to an enlightened person will accelerate evolution but a lot of whats said about this sounds like forcing the proccess from the gross levels.

If it's true that when you do this, you take on all