on 2/21/06 11:32 AM, authfriend at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> That's my impression too.  The point isn't to absorb
> the teacher's qualities of *mind* but his/her qualities
> of *consciousness*.

Yet when Maharishi described his attunement to Guru Dev, he referred to his
ability to anticipate his specific desires. Also, Maharishi always expressed
his wish for his followers to be "in tune with his thinking." Also, in the
Gita commentary, Maharishi talks about the disciple putting aside his own
ways of thinking and feeling, and conforming to those of the master.