Thank you for the correction. But on the main issue, it appears to me
that Amma was encouraging good manners and respect for other cultures.
That seems sensible to me. No one is condoning violence. But that does
not excuse the extreme cultural insensitivity and/and ignorance of the
cartoonists and publishers.

If a paper published  pictures of someone masturbating upon, then
crapping and pissing on the Canadian flag before burning it, it would
be in horrid taste. But to condem such would not at all be justifying
your actions if you lashed out with some violent act in protest.