> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "feste37" <feste37@> wrote:
> >
> > I can't believe I have Shemp defending me against Judy!  But
> > I have, so keep up the good work, Shemp! I agree with many
> > of your points. You are right that to think a particular
> > homosexual practice disgusting does not of itself
> > constitute homophobia. I do know homosexuals, and I like
> > them. But if I find myself thinking about what they do,
> > I find it disgusting. Better to be honest about one's
> > feelings and reactions than pretend to something else.
>
> I've got a couple of gay friends in Chicago who
> feel the same way about hetero sex. The mental
> image of women naked and the details of womens'
> bodies make these guys nauseated, and the thought
> of men having to have sex with one of these
> creatures makes them physically ill.
>
> So I wonder if Judy would be as quick to label
> them "heterophobes" as she is to label others
> "homophobes."

To document my earlier post, here are some quotes from
Feste's other posts in this thread:

-----
"Those who are so keen to prove their liberal credentials
by endorsing the practice of buggery might care to consult
The Secret Life of Oscar Wilde (2005), by Neil McKenna,
which provides many details of the disgusting nature of
such acts. After Oscar had his way with the young men who
came to his hotel room, the sheets were stained with shit,
and this was important evidence, as supplied by a maid, in
Oscar's conviction at his trial."
-----
"Ah, there you are quite wrong. I do not believe homosexual
anal intercourse should be made illegal, and certainly
should not result in sentences of two years hard labor, as
it did in the case of Oscar Wilde. Nor do I think that
homosexuals should be discriminated against. What people do
in the privacy of their own homes is their own business.
But it doesn't  mean I have to go along with the homosexual
agenda that brainwashes people into believing that a
homosexual 'lifestyle" is just as good as any other. No
doubt the sodomites on this board who have so recently
been giving out handy little tips on their practices will
disagree, as is their right. Everyone has the right to
choose their own path to hell."
-----
"I can't understand why the Christians are so upset about
'Brokeback Mountain.' To me it shows the misery and
destruction that homosexual acts can cause. Those guys
would  have been better off had they never done it. They
might possibly  have been happily married. They gave in
to a perverse urge and look where it got them -- walking
the road to hell."
-----
"Now of couse the real reason I am provoking such a storm
in this little insignificant corner of cyberspace is that
THEY STOLE A GOOD WORD. Gay was a wonderful word that
unfortunately can never be used again with its proper
meaning. After all, what's gay about being queer? It's
just sad."
-----

Bottom line: As usual, Barry assumed he was so smart
he didn't really need to read the whole thread.  So
he completely missed the blatant hypocrisy in the post
of Feste's he quotes above, figuring the only reason
Feste was being labeled a homophobe was because he
finds their practice of anal sex disgusting.

Then in a later post, as he also frequently does,
Barry *made up* an issue that nobody had raised, i.e.,
that those criticizing Feste thought he shouldn't
be allowed to express himself, and proceeded to dump
on the critics for espousing censorship.

That's Barry's world.