On Feb 25, 2006, at 6:33 PM, authfriend wrote:

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "feste37" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Good detective work, Judy. I guessed that Vaj's scholarship

was as thin as a tart's negligee

P.S.: No "detective work" required, BTW, other than

a quick Google for the exact quote from Clementine's

letter.  The nature of the find is pretty common

knowledge even among those who just dabble in this

sort of thing.

Interestingly, you left the key points out about the letter--specifically what Clement says about the nature of the text itself. After Peter died, Mark took his gospel to Alexandria and to create a "more spiritual gospel for the use of those who were being perfected." Clement states this text was kept by the Alexandrian church for initiation into "the great mysteries."

Of course this is very interesting to anyone even remotely interested in mystical Christianity--for example Freemasons and Kabbalists I have spoken to find this all rather amazing due to elements known in their traditions.

There is also a further fragment I'll mention which reads "Then he came into Jericho. And the sister of the young man whom Jesus loved was there with his mother and Salome, but Jesus would not receive them."

The question thus becomes 'why were these removed'? In that quest I suggest you do your own reading, rather than your typical "googling" about--it's an interesting topic.