--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "feste37" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I did not mean to offend. I'm sorry. Sometimes I am a little too
> rude.

No problem. I didn't really take it as an insult. A guy named foufou
doesn't insult easily.

When people ask me who I am, I answer, Je suis (I am) foufou.

Which gets us to Decartes: "Je pense donc je suis" (I think therefore
I am).

I say, "Je pense, donc je suis foufou"

Thats my philosophy -- to assume I am crazy from my thoughts -- or in
other words, to start by assuming all my thoughts are crazy. Guilty
until proven innocent. This  requires me to prove that a particular
thought has merit and is not "foufou" before I banter it about.

Which is just the opposite of most people, who assume that every
thought they have is true -- and near genuius -- just because it
appeared. Which is a more crazy way to live life?

Another point on Decartes. He helped consolidate the view that our
identities are tied to our thoughts: essentially "I am because I have
thoughts."

A repercussion of this is that when people's thoughts are criticized,
people actually feel they are being criticized. This is exacerbated
when "they" are indentified with an ego, a thinker, a doer . Thus, a
thought is criticized and by chain reaction, their already small
"identity" gets even smaller. So they fight back. Often irrationally.
They don't ponder or "attack" the criticism, but the criticizer.

And what is the trip of this St. Germaine guy using all of these
aliases? Shakesphere, Washington, etc. Jeez, why doesn't the guy use
his real name. Why does he hide behind aliases?