> > Maharishi used to "joke" about "meditation police" who would pick
> up people
> > on the street who didn't look happy and put them in "meditation
> asylums,"
> > one wonders.
> >

> Is it possible to force someone to meditate? And what do you call a
> judge who makes practicing meditation part of a prison parole
> agreement?

No, but  a project can be based on volunteering based
on a presumption, certainly justifiable, of all sorts
of extended benefits and priveleges.

I have received an email about a project in the nineites
in the UK which was driven by a meditating inmate. He
knew all the right buttons to push, but it fell flat
on its face because the prison governor was expected
to pay for the project out of his fund rather than
central government who are the real beneficiaries
through reduced re-offending. The TMO behaved well
but were a bit intransigent. It was Whitehall who
were the idiots, probably because a particular civil
servant feared personal humiliation for not having done
the project twenty years earlier.
Uns.