--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Stanley"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I can't speak for Judy, but I think all Judy is saying is that there
> is nothing disordered about being sexually attracted to people who
> have reached sexual maturity. However, there is a major difference
> between attraction and acting on that attraction. Even though
> adolescents are sexually mature, they are emotionally immature and
> vulnerable, so there are age of consent laws to protect them.

While I am not arguing against age of consent laws, thought European
standards might be more realistic, your argument seems not so solid.

If adolescents are sexually mature, they are emotionally immature and
vulnerable, so there are age of consent laws to protect them,  then
why not laws to protect them from sex with peers? Two emotionally
immature  and vulnerable people engaging in intimate emotional acts is
OK, but one emotionally immature and vulnerable person engaged in an
engaging in intimate emotional act with a mature person is not?