On Feb 27, 2006, at 12:41 PM, TurquoiseB wrote:

I know that might sound harsh, so I'll explain. In

my opinion, EVERY SINGLE "HOLY" BOOK IN THE HISTORY

OF THIS PLANET WAS WRITTEN BY MEN, FOR MEN. A few of

them IMO may have been "inspired," in the sense that

they were written by or dictated by human beings in

higher states of consciousness, but to be honest not

very many of them even achieved that. The norm in the

realm of "holy books" is that most of the books that

humans consider "holy" were written by NON-enlightened

humans describing the actions of enlightened (or at

least more enlightened) fellow humans as best they

could (such as the Gospels).

What about yellow scrolls written in microscopic Dakini script :-)?

...not all works are "by purusha", by men.

Of course, this is one thing Mahesh Yogi has claimed to have: the "apurusheya bhasya" (not purusha created commentary), of Rig Veda, which is also "not by man". So "men" can use the fact that books 'not by men' have some alleged clout...

What about texts that require a certain level or state of consciousness to even grok?

Sometimes there's more to the text than meets the eye. :-)