<fairfieldlife@>

wrote:

> MMY
> birth, but
> > >
> > > And who's to say Charlie knew what he was talking about? Nice
> guy and
> > all
> > > that, but anyone can regurgitate what they've read in esoteric
> books.
> >
> > Like I said Rick....7 lifetimes is the best *estimate* I've ever
> heard
> > anyone give for the amount of time it will take for the average
> bear to
> > reach CC...
> >
> > per, MMY's Gita, one has to be able to submerge into Spirit (TC)
> fully
> > before the cloth in the yellow dye analogy really takes full
> effect,
> > then indeed CC is not far away.
> >
> In my experience, TM seekers don't have a problem with fully
> submerging into TC, rather it is how to translate that
transcendence
> into action, without over intellectualizing it, that creates
> resistance to fully integrating TC.

So how does this work or not work? PLenty of people over-
intellectualize/mood-make, but what aspect of TM practice and the TM
program (rest followed by dynamic activity) creates such resistance?

Of course, I've seen plenty of people misinterpret virtually
any/every possible aspect of MMY's teachings.

One former TMer I know used to prioritize his TM-Siddhis program
thusly: if he only had a few minutes, yogic flying was the only thing
he did. If he had more time, he'd do the other sutras. If he had
enough time, he'd do TM first. When I told him that seemed bass-
ackward he got huffy and told me that no-one ever taught himthat TM
was more important than Yogic Flying.

He also got mad at the TMO for not providing him with sufficient
opportunity to make a living with the ayruvedic technician stuff that
he had learned. Of course, when he returned from his initial training
course, he not only never bothered to practice taking other people's
pulse but didn't bother to take his own, so he obviously had a great
understanding of what he was taught.

People hear what they want to, regardless of what they're actually
told.