On Mar 3, 2006, at 12:17 PM, Patrick Gillam wrote:

--- Vaj wrote:

In the 80's, I was invited by three close friends--an old TM teacher,

an MIU grad and a Sidha, to confront Robin Woodsworth Carlsen who was

then living in an apartment in Washington DC. It was actually my

first time at debunking a claim of enlightenment

So Vaj, you've had other opportunities to debunk claims

of enlightenment? Kind of an interesting sideline.

You know after I wrote that I realized debunking was probably a bad word.

My friends had invited me along simply because they wanted me there in case he tried to pull anything. So I really went along simply as a friend and really, as an observer. However once we were there and started talking to Robin a certain feeling started to develop that was unmistakeable. It wasn't until the very end, spontaneously, I just did it. Still don't think he knew what happened, but for all of us there, it was sufficient. Quite honestly this type of thing is really uncharacteristic of me, I'm not typically one for barnstorming zen tactics. But for my friends it was like being lifted from a curse and we all felt better just having a clear perspective on Robin Woodsworth Carlsen.

Honestly I think claims of enlightenment debunk themselves.