--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "tmforlife108"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If they win, the TMO could serve the papers
> on other independent teachers using the TM trademark - and THEY WILL-

Nothing prevents the TMO from serving papers to all indepenents now?
There is no need for precident.

> precedent has
> power!

Precident generally has to do with rulings by a court of judges --
such as the Appeals Court and the Supreme Court where disputes over
the interpetation of law are ruled upon. Jury trials generally don't
set precidents. If the case is appealed, and a new interpretation of
trademark law is made, that would set precident.

What independent teacher would risk it if the TMO wins the case in
Florida?

> The trademark holder in this case has a long history of misusing
that trademark.  Do we
> need to go over this again?

I guess so. What are these specific violations of trademark law?

>A judge knows that threats against the trademark not acted
> on by the TMO do not amount to defending the trademark.  If you know
someone is
> misusing the trademark and has done so for years, threatening them
with phone calls is
> not defending the trademark, it's harassment.

How was Mike threatened -- other than to be asked to stop violating
the trademark -- under "threat" of legal action.