from James Brahas book Living Reality about Sailor Bobs visit to the
US pages 291 and 292. Bob was a Nisargadatta guy who was a former
merchant marine. When he joined AA there were many bobs so he became
sailor bob. You can find him at www.nonduality.com

Bob: What you are doing now is what everone does. You are looking for
the answer in the mind. You are trying to work everything out. But
look at it another eway. You are seeing right now? Does your eye say,
"I see"? You are hearing now. DOes your ear say, "I hear"?

Rita: No

Bob: You are tranlating the seeing with a thought "I see" and you
tranlate the hearing with a thought "I hear". Now ask yourself: Does
the thought " I See" actually do the seeing?

Rita: No

BoB: Is the thought "I am aware" the awareness?

Rita: No

Bob: Is the thought "I Choose" the choicemaker?

Rita: No

Bob: What I am pointing out is that the thought has no power. When you
are trying to work out what to do and what not to do, realize  that
choices will be made and activities will happen. You are being lived,
and it's been that way since you were a child. Allow thoughts to do
what they're supposed to do--just translate. The mind can be used
properly.