And I've heard the same about a dozen other languages too, including French, Spanish, German, etc.

Ethnocentricity, Barry. Because *we* speak it, it msut be the hardest to learn. (Psst--lots of others pretty much feel the same way.)

It helps when learning a language, if you grew up in one or already learned one that was similar. Then the others in that group most likely would be easier.

Sal