> That's a myth.  They are all about equal difficulty as far as learning
> goes, or else kids born in the languages that are supposed to be easier
>   would start speaking at earlier ages, which of course they don't.
 (Of
> course, the elitist response to that would be that they just have
> dumber kids in those countries.)
>
> Sal
>

> On Mar 5, 2006, at 1:55 PM, Nelson wrote:
>
> >   You should be proud of yourself as even growing up with English, I
> >  would say it must be one of the more difficult ones to learn.

++++ Wouldn't learning a second language as an adult be more difficult
with already having one to trip over?
     I never noticed English being difficult but I would think that
looking at it from the outside, it would be a challenge.
     I would not like to have to learn Russian or Chineese for
example.  N.