On Mar 8, 2006, at 9:39 AM, Alex Stanley wrote:

IMO, the person who is focused on denying and pushing away the

relative is every bit as caught up in it as the person whose life

revolves around indulging in it.

One of the interesting things in different paths is how they handle things they see as "poison".

--in the slower paths, things seen as poison are simply avoided. Rules are made, you listen to them and avoid conflicts of body, of energy and ultimately, mind. The downside is, it is believed this approach will take thousands of lives to reach complete enlightenment! Since all it involves is essentially rules and meditation, it also doesn't require real heart-felt moral development either.

--in faster paths we realize everything has it's opposite, so we see the "poison" as an energy which can be transformed via an opposite or antidote. Downside: razors edge kinda path. Full enlightenment in a couple lifetimes or so.

--even faster is viewing "the poison" from a non-dual state, free of opposites and polarities: whatever arises self liberates itself, by itself.: everything is just the play of inseparable awareness. Pros: Full enlightenment very fast Cons: non-dual awareness can easily be confused for other states which are similar.

.02 USD,
sorry no refunds :-)