--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Michael Dean Goodman
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> After I posted the story about young Guru Dev and the caves ("there
> is no empty cave here"), someone wrote to this list to say that the
> story is NOT about Guru Dev (because they remember hearing some TM
> teacher tell it differently back in the 70s - about 30 years ago).
>
> I strongly disagree.
>
> I was there when Maharishi told the story in the 70s, on Guru
Purnimah,
> on a course, and it was definitely a story about Guru Dev as a young
> boy in his Master's ashram (Swami Krishanand Saraswati, in Uttar
Kashi).
> It was one of those rare, intimate revelations by Maharishi about
some
> facet of his Master's life, and touched my heart deeply.
>
> I've had other people write to me off-list and confirm my
remembrance,
> including a couple of folks who claim some expertise in researching
the
> history of Guru Dev.
>
> If you want to check it out further, you could find the story told
in
> Rameshwar Tiwari's Hindi biography of Guru Dev (translated into
English),
> or find the videotape (Guru Purnimah, early 70s, Humboldt?),
perhaps in
> the MUM Library, if you're into researching it further.

NOthing new under the sun. Teaching stories can be found in all
religions and spiritual traditions. Who can be certain that a story
can't spring up due to an incident in one place and time, and then a
similar incident not happen in another which is ALSO commemorated as
exemplary of some important point?