> MMY has also referred to samadhi as the samhita of rishi, devata
and
> chhandas.

Well, "samaadhi" is combination of "sam + aa + dhi". The last
component (dhi) is a noun derived from the root "dhaa" (to put);
"saMhita" is actually the perfect participle of the compound
verb (or whatever) "saM-dhaa" (to put together). The perfect
participle of the verb "sam-aa-dhaa", which is the root, so to
speak, of the noun "samaadhi", would prolly be "samaahita", so
"saMhita", the related noun being "saMdhi" (pronounce: sandhi), is
quite close to "samaadhi", sheesh...  :)
BTW, "intelligence, etc" is "dhii", not "dhi"

> Seems to me that I've seen samadhi translated as "sameness."

The "word" "samadhi-" appears in BG only once,not as a noun, but as a
verbal prefix (sam-adhi-gacchati). OTOH, "samaadhi" as a noun appears
twice. Even in a Hindi on-line dictionary entering "samadhi" in the
search field returned, how say, null result. So, I'm quite puzzled
whether there is in Sanskrit a noun "samadhi", in addition to
"samaadhi". A slightly different word, namely "samadhii",
is a verb meaning ' to go over , repeat or read through or study
thoroughly'.
Vyaasa in his commentary on YS I 1 states: yogaH samaadhiH
(yoga is samaadhi)