On TTC in Mallorca, Jan-June 1971, Brahmarishi Devarat and his son
(who looked like Tonto from the Lone Ranger) were often at meetings
and we would ask Devarat question after question and Maharishi was our
interpreter. My appeared to be having great fun in this job, he often
found Devarat's answers both funny and illuminating.

Someone asked him this question-if there is anything we can say to
someone who is dying. As near as I can recall, he told us to say, in
the person's ear, *wok, wok, wok*   I believe it is actually spelled
vak and I also think I remember it is translated as *speech* or
*sound*   I cannot remember the reason for saying this.

I know for me, having been in the presence of several people/pets at
the moment they made this transition out of life, I have done various
things, depending on what was in my heart/mind to do at this time.
Sometimes it was whispering the mantras I know (as a TM teacher, and
whether or not the person was a TM meditator), sometimes/in addition
it was the puja, or om namah shivaya.

I would suggest to do something very personal and very meaningful to
you at that time. I mean, who really knows. Does anyone think that you
can somehow help a person circumvent their personal karma just by
saying the right thing at their moment of death?