> On Mar 24, 2006, at 11:04 AM, anon_astute_ff wrote:
>
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajranatha@> wrote:

> > quite a
> > society will
> > >
> > > It's also rather naive to think that the top 2-3% of society--
> > > arguably the most sophisticated "shoppers" and consumers--would not
> > would take to get the TM technique
> > > it's not-so-advanced TM "advanced techniques" and the TM$P. It would
> > > not take a great deal of savy in the Spiritual Supermarket to know
> > > that you could get a lot more for a lot less than what TM programs
> > > cost--even if the prices were significantly reduced.
> >
> > Yes,, all the elite golfers in 10 years finally saw through the
> > ridiculous pricing ofcountry clubs and are all flocking to public
> > courses. And Nordstroms is closing in 2016 I hear, all the elites got
> > wise and started shopping at walmart as they "saw through" the
> > Nordstoms fluff. And the Four Seasons hotel chain is closing in 2016
> > its doors. Those savy elites finally got it that they could get a bed
> > at motel 6 for 1/10 the price.
>
> This is not an analogous comparison: in each of the above instances,
> when you pay more money, you get more. The "elite" know this and will
> pay more, to get more. They are therefore unlikely to pay more for TM
> to get less when they can get more--often much more--elsewhere for
> their buck.

What is the "more" that they get? They all get similar clothing, a
safe bed and shower, and a place to play golf. The extra non-core
attributes, some value some don't. Many elite do value them and will
pay for them.

How can you possibly say with certainty that the beyond core
attributes that the TMO, or some org, is able to provide in 10 years
will not have sufficient value to the top 3% of earners that they will
pay for them?

> > But I disagree with your assessment of AOL. Lots of elites I dont
> > think want to sit on the floor in funky facilities and sing bajans, or
> > go to courses and hug everyone while saying "I belong to you", or
> > sleep in a room with a stranger -- at shared rooms or dorm room  only
> > facilities.
>
> Or the toxic mold of Livingston Manor? It would be interesting to
> know what the occupancy rates are at the Raj--a facility which might
> appeal to some elite who enjoy vacations in Iowa.

You and Barry can contine to respond to ghost posts that manifest only
in your minds, but the point I am raising as conjecture is that a
neo-TM in ten years, if properly done, may be attractive to the top
2-3% of incomes earners. That has nothing to do with toxix mold in
Livingsoton Manor in 2006.

Regarding the Raj, I have not been there so Ican't address it. But I
have been to Chopra's Center in La Jolla, and lots of "elites"  were
flocking there. And his prices were on par, perhaps higher than the
Raj. And 20 times what the local AV tech was offering 5 miles away in
Pacific Beach, in their garage for the same thing.

My point has little to  do with the TM brand, and nothing to do with
loyalties to the TM -- I left for the most part, body, heart and soul,
in 1978. But I think that there is an opportunity and need
for SOMEONE, som org, to do IT in a classy, polished  that appeals to
the upper strata of society. And clients will be happy to pay a
premium price.

MMY actually does a lot of things in a classy way -- perhaps too
polished for many of our tastes. But that he or his "team" eventually
are the ones that do IT right within 10 years, I think is possible,
but probably less than 10% probability. That SOMEONE does it right --
with M. type prices, within 10 years, I think has a greater than 50%
probability.