anon_astute: well lucky you, you are so astute... you are 100% sure
the elite are not penny-pinching ...And you are 100% certain..  etc
etc...

No I don't expect either of us are 100% sure of anything. It's my
opinion, and it's your opinion. That's good enough for me.

I don't think though the Rajas represent a good focus group. A
political party, for instance, would want a focus group representing
the spectrum of the population, not a group composed of the most
generous party supporters...

No I wasn't there "in the planning sessions when this unfolded?"
But it's not a minority who think that "the whole unfolding of the
TMO and its activities seems uninformed, mindless and
counterproductive". That is just observable "outcome".

But clearly you are more hopeful about the TMO and I have no
interest in undermining your positivity and trust; But I just need
an outlet for my own sense of disappointment. I used to be positive
& trusting myself..

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, anon_astute_ff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "claudiouk" <claudiouk@>
wrote:

> > Elites/rich people are typically penny pinchers. They go out of
> > their way to save the odd dollar.
>
> Uh huh. Thats why they shop at Nordstroms and stay at $500 / night
> hotels.
>
> I am not saying they are not looking of a "deal" but its of
theorder
> of saving 15% on a case of $150/bottle Merlot.
>
> > They
> > want also the "badges" of the elite - designer labels etc to
> > demonstrate that money is no object when it comes to show their
> > appreciation of "quality" and celebrate their "belonging" to a
> > priviledged group.
>
> Um, but they penny pinch when doing so, right?
>
> > The trouble, for MMY, is that whilst TM may
> > represent "quality" so do other techniques such as Buddhist
ones,
> > now also boasting scientific validation; moreover there is a
global
> > traditional "culture" of spirituality that is clearly at odds
with
> > the materialism of the TMO, which therefore makes it suspect.
And as
> > others have pointed out, as soon as anyone investigates the
TMO's