> Good old fashioned honesty and actually attempting to
> help people lead more productive lives would have been
> more than enough.  Now nobody really cares anymore.

I think that the last five words really say it.

Who, in this big world, will actually CARE when
Maharishi dies, or CARE what happens to the TM
movement when he does?

Maybe 3-4000 people around the world, tops, the ones
who haven't moved on to more productive things.  The
people in this "residual fanatic" group will probably
put themselves through a bunch of changes as the TMO
puts the finishing touches on its self destruction,
but pretty much no one else on the planet will even
notice. (Unless there are a few juicy scandals that
come out about Maharishi's sex life and about how much
money turns out to be missing from the movement's
coffers, that is. That'll make the news for about a
week, and then people will forget that, too.)